Do you want to build a worthwhile career in 2017?
Highway Safety Solutions Limited has an exciting opportunity for 8 x Trainees on our ground-breaking TTM Apprenticeship Scheme who are looking to develop a career in Temporary Traffic Management.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing industry that has been guaranteed an additional £15 billion investment over the next 5 years! Our work placement provider wishes to invest in highly motivated individuals to undertake the role of Traffic Management Operatives.
Committed to an extensive training program and the monitored development of competent Traffic Management Operatives, we, mentors at one of the industry’s leading training providers, will share our knowledge and combined industry experience of over 100 years with the successful applicants throughout the term of the contract.
Each successful applicant shall be guided through an extensive training package of up to 15 nationally recognised & certified vocational qualifications, now worth in excess of £7,000, as detailed below.
In addition to the recognised training package successful applicants shall also receive on the job training as well as additional off the job training to further develop their background knowledge of industry guidelines, applicable legislation, site design processes, and much more.
Job Title: Trainee Traffic Management Operative
Rate of Pay 18-20yrs: £5.55 p/hr
Rate of Pay over 21yrs: £6.95 p/hr
Rate of Pay over 25yrs: £7.20 p/hr
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs p/wk minimum with flexible start/finish times + overtime
Job Type: Permanent 12mth fixed term contract
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Positions available: 8
Duties will include attending scheduled training courses and controlled assessments throughout a 12 month fixed term contract, installing, maintaining and removing Temporary Traffic Management equipment on both high and low speed roads whilst ensuring compliance with company policies and the National Highways Sector Scheme.
During the 12 month fixed term contract, the successful applicants will have achieved the following qualifications:
- Temporary Traffic Management Basic Course
- Lantra accredited 12D T1/T2
- Lantra accredited 12D M1
- Lantra accredited 12D M2 full card
- Lantra accredited 12D T3
- Lantra accredited 12D M3 full card
- Lantra accredited 12D T4
- Lantra accredited 12D M4 full card
- Lantra accredited 12D T5
- Lantra accredited 12D M5 full card
- NVQ – Driving Goods Vehicles
- Emergency 1st Aid
- CSCS Card
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful candidates shall hold a full UK drivers licence.
- GSCE English and Maths or functional skills desired but not essential.
- Good communicator and team worker
- Highly motivated
- Good housekeeping within the depot and on site
- Compliant with policies and procedures
- Able to work days, nights, weekends, and overtime as required
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Must pass a stringent Drug & Alcohol test at induction
- Up to 15 nationally recognised vocational qualifications free of charge (upon completion of 12 months)
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Very strong possibility of a permanent contract offer upon completion of the fixed term contract, subject to satisfactory performance and attendance
- No obligation to accept any offer made
- Work experience at one of the industry’s leading Temporary Traffic Management providers
- Fantastic career prospects
- Supported, mentored career development
- Regular extensive overtime opportunities
- 28 days paid annual leave
- All PPE provided
If you are interested in being part of the UK’s first Traffic Management Apprenticeship Scheme then please register your interest via email to:
OR via post to:
Mr Steven Archer
Highway Safety Solutions Limited
Old Arden Brickworks
Please enclose a copy of your CV along with any references you have.
Application deadline: Thursday 12th January 2017 – 4pm
We also have a careers day taking place at our head offices in Birmingham on Wednesday December 14th where we will be interviewing people for the apprenticeship scheme as well as other opportunities we have coming up in the Highways sector. To register your interest send an email with your details to email@example.com and we will be in touch to arrange an appointment with you.